Here at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, we are committed to promoting sustainable practices and reducing our impact on the environment. We believe that sustainability is not just good for the planet, but also good for our guests, employees, and local community. We strive to create a positive sustainable future for the hotel and the wider industry.
Our sustainability policy includes the following commitments:
- Achieve and maintain Green Tourism accreditation
- Reduce single-use plastics
- Offer electrical car charging points
- Reduce our energy consumption and carbon footprint by implementing energy-efficient technologies, such as LED lighting
- Encourage guests to conserve energy by turning off lights and appliances when not in use
- Minimise waste and promote recycling
- Reduce water usage
- Support our local community, local charities and initiatives
- Develop green meetings and events
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations, and codes of practice
Here are some simple ways that you can help us be greener during your stay:
- Turn off lights and electronics when leaving your room
- Unplug chargers and devices when not in use
- Take short showers and turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shaving
- Re-use towels by hanging them up to dry rather than placing them on the floor for replacement
- Avoid littering and use trash and recycling bins provided
- Choose eco-friendly activities such as hiking, paddleboarding, or visiting our lovely local parks & gardens
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve we would love to hear from you, click the button below to get in touch with your green ideas.
Tell Us Your Green Suggestions here.